How to Draw on PDF: Quick Way to Add Markups and Notes
There are many handy tools for editing PDF files. Drawing is one of the fastest and easiest ways to insert markups and add comments. With modern document management solutions, you don’t need to install additional applications or have sophisticated hardware. This post will show you how to draw on a PDF online and get the most out of this tool.
Why Draw on a PDF?
Usually, even the simplest PDF editors offer a fairly wide range of features for adding texts and various markups. However, not all of them are straightforward and easy to use. Freehand drawing is a more convenient alternative. There are several reasons why you might need to draw on PDF. Whatever you do and whatever business you run, you can utilize the tool in the following situations:
- highlight a part of the text with which you (or your colleagues) need to do some work, for instance, delete, replace, or pay special attention;
- add handwritten comments and remarks to the text, tables, graphs, and other info on the document pages;
- insert arrows or boxes to make the data in the file more visual.
Drawing is a quick and easy way to add extra information or highlight text sections, which can be useful both for your independent work and the collaborative editing of a document. It is in many ways similar to working with physical papers; therefore, some users may be more comfortable with it than with any other advanced tools.
Draw on PDF Online With PDFLiner
Among the existing software for working with PDF forms, the most convenient to use are online solutions like PDFLiner. They provide maximum flexibility in creating and editing files, so you can draw on a PDF in Chrome, Mac, Windows, or even mobile phones. Wherever you are, you have a handy tool for working with files of this format at your fingertips.
To draw on PDF with PDFLiner, you should do the following:
- Open the editor on any of your devices and log into the system with your account information or register (if you are a new user) using your Facebook or Google profile.
- In the upper right corner, you will find the button “Go to my Docs.” Press the icon with a “+” sign to create a new file from scratch or upload an existing document from your device.
- After you decide on a file, you will be transferred to the editor window, where you can use all the available tools. Below the “Insert” button (the icon with a big “+” sign), you will find the option to draw on PDF.
- Make the necessary adjustments to the document, mark areas that need attention, and add handwritten comments to text or images.
Drawings added to a document with this editor can be adjusted to suit your needs. For example, you can choose any suitable color, change the position of your handwriting, set an acceptable size, and even accompany your drawings with links.
The convenience of PDFLiner is that you don’t need any additional software or hardware to add pictures to files. You can easily draw on a PDF on Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android, as this solution is compatible with all popular platforms. You will also be able to add markups on mobile devices since the editor is web-based. Use a mouse, stylus, or just your fingers.
More PDF Editing Features
PDFLiner is explicitly designed to make working with PDF documents as easy and accessible as possible. Of course, its functionality does not end with tools to free draw on PDF. The set of instruments is much more comprehensive.
With this online editor, you can generate a new document from scratch and fill it with any content you need or edit an existing file. By the way, the site has a huge library of ready-made forms and templates for a variety of occasions. Whichever option you choose, you can add extra pages, rearrange them, or remove some sheets. Insert text, photos, images, graphics, links, fillable fields, watermarks, signatures, dates, and more. If you’ve organized collaborative work on documents, you’ll appreciate the convenience of annotation tools like highlight or blackout. Be sure to save all the changes you make.
Your documents are kept in your profile, so you can access them from any device. You can easily share the created or edited file by sending it by email or sharing it via a link. If necessary, you can edit the privacy settings and protect your information with a password.
Not many users fully understand the convenience of drawing tools on PDF. However, it is one of the fastest ways to add notes and comments. Thanks to web-based services like PDFLiner, you can edit documents of this format from any device, literally on the go. Extensive functionality makes this solution your indispensable helper for document management.
Do you use the drawing tool in your work? Do you find it useful? Please share your experience in the comments!