Home » Reviews » ASO Ranking Factors
ASO Ranking Factors
Similar to SEO, ASO comes down to utilizing elaborate algorithmic programs for the purpose of helping users find the most suitable software.
If you’re currently focused on ASO factors for Google’s and Apple’s mobile storefronts, you’re in luck. In this piece, we’ll let you in on the most surefire ways to improve app store ranking on both these digital distribution platforms. Stay tuned for details.
App Store Rankings Explained
If you’re here, then you probably know that the better you’re at ASO, the higher your chances of perfect findability and thus, the higher your traffic and revenue. So, exploring the criteria that make your App Store search ranking shift is paramount. The most directly-influential criteria are listed below:
- your startup name: opt for the most potent keyword along with your brand name when sorting this out;
- subtitle: use the second most potent keyword within your niche in the subtitle;
- keyword field: luckily for iOS devs, the tech giant allows adding niche-specific keywords to reward your marketing efforts. This field influences your findability and is invisible to others.
With regard to the indirect ranking criteria, they’re as follows:
- description: keyword-wise, this element is not influential, hence its ‘indirectness’. However, if you get it right, you are sure to reach more relevant consumers and thus, boost your conversion rate;
- install parameter: how many installs you’ll get during a particular time frame impacts your findability, so don’t forget to keep tabs on this factor and keep track of your app store statistics in general;
- uninstall rate: too many uninstalls affect your app ranking iOS-wise, therefore, plan your marketing efforts to attract the most relevant and long-lasting audience;
- the visual side: a picture is worth a thousand words, they say, so the better you work on your app icon, screenshots, and preview vid, the higher your chances of generating multiple leads;
- word of mouth: stellar reputation and a treasure trove of positive reviews are what should be on your plan, too, because this factor is also vital when it comes to the App Store search algorithm. Basically, it means that the process of polishing your product to perfection both inside and out should be ongoing;
- frequent overhauls: if your mobile software gets frequent updates, your chances of winning Apple’s appeal get a significant boost. Read your consumers’ reviews, take their bug reports into account, and ensure that all the glitches and imperfections get a worthy fix.
Google Play Ranking Factors for Android Apps
In order to attract heaps of organic traffic to your app within Google’s mobile storefront environment, you should know the ropes of the distribution platform’s ranking criteria. So, without further ado, here’s what you should work on to get noticed (and loved!) by the Play Store ranking algorithm:
- metadata: with the product’s title being the crucial ranking criterion for the tech giant, don’t forget to also fill your description fields with the most relevant keywords;
- word of mouth: did you know that what your app users say about your product matters a lot? Well, it’s true! So, if your app is intuitive, smooth, and useful, people are going to invite their friends to use it, thus, skyrocketing your conversion rate to stardom;
- install rate: if your app gets lots of installs followed up by long-term use, then Google is sure to elevate your product’s findability to a brand new level;
- the visual side: your app icon, display pics, and promo vid are vital, as well;
- conversion rate: yes, Google likes it when your app helps people achieve their goals.
ASO Ranking Factors: Differences and Similarities
Despite the obvious similarities between the two digital storefronts’ ranking criteria, a closer look at them reveals some important differences. So, when perfecting your app marketing plan, don’t forget to delve deep into the topic, take it all into account, and make the most of the best ASO tool on the scene.