How To View Source Code of .NET EXE
If you want to view source code of .net exe then follow simple steps. You can get actual C++ or C# code of any .NET exe with decompiling .NET exe file easily.
Getting Source Code of .NET EXE
Well the software and Computer Science related guyz understand this concept. That if we are working in .NET and compile an application code writted in c++ or C#. Then after compiling and build we get .EXE file of .NET. Ever wondered how can we get back the source code of full c++ or c# application?
Well it is called decompiling the .NET application. There are certain tools which can decompile it. You just give the input of the .EXE which is created using .NET and decompiler will give you source code which is written in any .NET language e.g. C++ or C#. So it is considered as a security risk. This also raises a point that we should secure our .NET exe before giving to any one for review or testing.
How To View Source Code of .NET EXE File – Steps
So lets discuss steps which you need to take. Note that you can only decompile and View Source Code of .NET exe. It will only work with .EXE which are created and compiled using .NET framework libraries.
Step 1: Download Decompiler – .NET Reflector
First of all you need to download a software which is called .NET reflector. This tool will give you the complete .NET source code from .EXE file. It is build by company named Red Gate. Click on below button to start download of this .NET decompiler.
Step 2: Install .NET Reflector Application
Once setup is downloaded, start its installation. Follow the instructions until it is completelty installed.
Step 3: Open .NET EXE Assembly in .NET Reflector
- Open the .NET reflector application.
- Click on File Option.
- Select Open an Assembly.
- You can choose .EXE file. (Note that this .EXE should have been compiled earlier using .NET framework).
- Once it is loaded you’ll see all files and source code written in VB, C++ or C#.
NOTE: If you see Red Error Saying “Not a .NET Module” Then the .EXE is either not a .NET compiled file or it may have been secured using some encryption tool like Themida.
Let me know if you hit any issues to View Source Code of .NET exe. Comment below and we’ll get back to you. The software .NET Reflector also gets embedded with Visual Studio 2013. The integration can help to quickly decompile and view code of exe file compiled using dot net.
- How To Lock a Folder With Password Protection Without Any Software
- Learn Computer Technology with Free Online Colleges
- How to Use UltraSurf – 3 Basic Steps
- How To Fix Selected File is Not a Valid ISO File Error
- How To Use Teamviewer For Fast and Secure Meetings
- How To Use CCleaner To Speed Up Computer and Free Disk Space