How to Limit Download Speed Per IP on NginX
Learn to Limit Download Speed Per IP on NginX easily. You can now throttle Speed / Bandwidth on IP Level in Nginx regardless number of connections/requests.
Limit Download Speed Per IP on NginX – Overview
Previously our dedicated servers were on Apache. We had CBand module on Apache which was able to limit users download speed on IP level. But after Migration to NginX web server, we were in search of alternative of CBand for Nginx. Initially we couldn’t find a way to throttle speed on IP basis. Because the nginx default Limit rate couldn’t server the purpose. it only had two options. Either we could limit connections which an IP make. Or we could limit each connection speed.
We know today download manager make a lot of connections while downloading a file. So even if we restrict number of connection that would impact user’s downloads. So we had to find a way to limit overall download speed of files from Nginx regardless on number of connections. Our issues were solved once we came to a Nginx module written By Simon Lee on GitHub which could easily do this magic.
- How To Increase and Boost Internet Speed – Step By Step Tutorial
- How To Increase Copy Paste Speed in Windows
- How To Use Super Hide IP To Surf Privately
- Download Youtube Videos with IDM Using Proxy
- How to Speed YouTube Buffering on Slow Internet
- How To Use CCleaner To Speed Up Computer and Free Disk Space